Ten worst drink driving breath tests
DRINK driving is an all-too common crime. But when does boozing reach ridiculous levels - and the steering wheel - and go for a drive?
Someone asked that question to Avon and Somerset Police, asking them to list the ten worst examples of roadside breathalyser tests conducted on drunk motorists.
The ten highest breathalyser readings done by Avon and Somerset Police in the past year:
1. Almondsbury - A 44-year-old man had 204 microgrammes of alcohol on his breath. The legal limit is 35mg. He was nearly six times over the legal limit.
FREE WHEATGERM WITH EVERY POND HEATER www.blagdon-water-gardens.c...View details
Protect your pond fish this winter. Purchase the resun 100w pond heater £39.99 from www.blagdon-water-gardens.co.uk and we will give you a pot of Tetra wheatgerm 1l winter fishfood worth £4.99 FREE
Contact: 01934 316673
Valid until: Friday, February 28 2014
2. Bath - A 27-year-old man had 177mcg of alcohol on his breath. He was five times over the limit.
3. Bridgwater - Man, 44, had 174mcg of alcohol on his breath, making him five times over the limit.
4. Filton - a 35-year-old man had 168mcg of alcohol on his breath - nearly five times the limit.
5. Bath - Man, 29, was four times the limit with 151mcg of alcohol on his breath.
6. Chipping Sodbury - a 26-year-old man had 148mcg of alcohol on his breath. That's four times the legal limit.
7. Burnham-on-Sea - 140mcg of alcohol on a 39-year-old man's breath put him four times over the limit.
8. Filton - The same for a 35-year-old man with 139mcg of alcohol on his breath.
9. Radstock - a 46-year-old man was stopped when he had 129mcg of alcohol on his breath - about three-and-a-half times the limit.
10. Burnham-on-Sea - three times over the limit for a 32-year-old man with 118mcg of alcohol on his breath.
All the above instances happened between August 1, 2012, and August 1, 2013.
The police said any test with a result over 35mcg of alcohol within 100ml of breath is a fail and motorists would be arrested and taken to the nearest police station to be placed on the evidential breath test machine.
How much can you drink and stay legal to drive? There is no simple answer to that, said Drinkaware as it all depends on your gender, weight, metabolism, stress levels, age and what you've eaten.