Three treated for smoke inhalation after electric blanket sparks Taunton house fire
An electric blanket is believed to have sparked a fire at a home in Taunton in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews advised the residents of the property in Buckland Road to evacuate the building immediately after receiving a call reporting smoke at 1.30am.
On arrival, firefighters from the town discovered a fire in the first-floor bedroom and put out the blaze.
Three people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation while crews ventilated the property.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service suspect the blaze was started accidentally by an electric blanket, and said the occupants were alerted to it by their smoke detector.