Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - September 7-9
Are you looking for things to do in Somerset this weekend? Look no further, because our weekly guide is here to help.
Whether it's live music or good food and drink that tickles your fancy, there is something for everyone in our ten top suggestions.
If you fancy something completely different, there's even a rare chance to check out some competitive Wellington boot throwing or lawn mower racing.
If you're waiting to see what the weather is like, click here to see the latest weather forecast in Somerset.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
1) The Motorhome Show... If you're thinking of buying a motorhome, or just have an interest, visit the Royal Bath & West showground this weekend. The Motorhome Show returns to the venue from Friday to Sunday. A fantastic selection of new and used vehicles will be for sale, alongside countless accessories, outdoor clothing and lots of entertainment.
2) Frome Farmers' Market... Frome's Cheese and Grain hosts the popular monthly farmers' market on Saturday from 9am to 1pm. It is a great chance to pick up organic meats, pies and pastries, dairy products, juices and vegetables among many other treats.
3) World Wellington Boot Throwing Championships... Court Fields Community School in Wellington is an apt location for the World Wellington Boot Throwing Championships on Saturday afternoon. The action gets under way from midday, and also includes stalls, refreshments and family entertainment.
4) Yeovil Town v AFC Bournemouth... Yeovil Town have made a fantastic start to the League One season, and will be looking to extend their unbeaten run against AFC Bournemouth at Huish Park on Saturday. The match kicks off at 3pm.
5) Yarlington Fayre... Yarlington House near Wincanton has a family fun day in aid of Yarlington Church and Village Hall. As well as cream teas and light lunches, there will be archery and circus skills sessions, and a dog show.
6) CAMRA Real Ale Festival... West Somerset Railway's station at Minehead is the location for this weekend's beer festival, staged by the Somerset branch of CAMRA. It is open from 11am to 11pm on Saturday, and from midday to 4pm on Sunday. There will be around 100 beers to taste.
7) British Lawn Mower Racing Championships... Rounds 10 and 11 of the British Lawn Mower Racing Championship take place in Somerset on Saturday and Sunday. The racing at Axbridge will give people a chance to see some truly unique racing. For more details, visit the BLMRC website.
8) Cheddar Gorge... If you fancy a Sunday stroll to blow away the cobwebs, head up to Cheddar Gorge to take in the stunning views and spectacular scenery.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK