Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - September 14-16
Are you looking for things to do in Somerset this weekend? Look no further, because our weekly guide is here to help.
Whether it's live entertainment or good food and drink that tickles your fancy, there is something for everyone in our ten top suggestions.
If you're waiting to see what the weather is like, click here to see the latest weather forecast in Somerset.
1) Dunster Castle... If you fancy a visit to Dunster Castle on Friday, you'll also see the Model T Ford rally from 11am to 4pm. The classic cars date from 1909 to 1927, and are a must-see for any motoring fans.
FREE WHEATGERM WITH EVERY POND HEATER www.blagdon-water-gardens.c...View details
Protect your pond fish this winter. Purchase the resun 100w pond heater £39.99 from www.blagdon-water-gardens.co.uk and we will give you a pot of Tetra wheatgerm 1l winter fishfood worth £4.99 FREE
Contact: 01934 316673
Valid until: Friday, February 28 2014
2) Somerset Rebels v Workington Comets... Somerset Rebels host their final Premier League fixture of the regular season against Workington Comets at the Oaktree Arena on Friday night. It will be their final run-out before the end-of-season play-offs, and a big crowd is expected - especially with under-16s allowed in for £1 if accompanied by a paying adult. The action starts at 7.30pm.
3) Ross Noble... Taunton's Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre welcomes comedian Ross Noble on Friday evening. The Geordie stand-up is performing a warm-up gig which gets under way at 8pm. Tickets are £15, but call to check availability, it's expected to sell out before Friday.
4) Omid Djalili... Award-winning British-Iranian actor and comedian Omid Djalili performs his stand-up show at Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier on Friday night. Tickets start at £25.
5) Swans of Wells... Visitors to Wells will get one final chance to see the city's 60 swan sculptures this weekend, before they are auctioned off at the the end of the month. The Swans of Wells will be on display from 10am to 6pm at the Bishop's Palace on Saturday and Sunday. After this preview weekend, the swans will then be auctioned off on September 29.
6) Taunton Titans v Dings Crusaders... The newly-named Taunton Titans are at home against Dings Crusaders in National Two South on Saturday afternoon. The match gets under way at 3pm.
7) Porlock Arts Festival... With the spectacular surroundings of Exmoor National Park, the Porlock Arts Festival is well worth a visit. Running from Thursday through to Sunday, you'll be spoiled for choice between music, dance, art and literature. Events take place in and around Porlock Village Hall. Evening events start at 7.30pm.
8) Calendar Girls... Yeovil's Swan Theatre is staging a production of Calendar Girls, which starts on Friday and runs through until September 22. Shows are nightly at 7.45pm. There is also a matinee performance this Saturday, but no show on Sunday.Tickets, costing £9 for adults and £8 for concessions, are available to book by calling 01935 462781 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK