Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - November 2-4
The colour and excitement of Bridgwater Carnival is the highlight of the many things to do in Somerset this weekend.
Whether you want to see a fireworks display, the spectacular evening carnival procession or find another way to spend a day or evening out, our weekly guide is here to offer some top suggestions...
1) Bridgwater Carnival... A grand fireworks display will be held in Bridgwater on Friday, November 2. That is followed 24 hours later by the town's Guy Fawkes Carnival spectacular. Click here for further Bridgwater Carnival information.
2) Westland Conference and Leisure Complex fireworks... Yeovil's Westland Conference and Leisure Complex hosts a fireworks extravaganza on Friday, November 2. The bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm, with the fireworks starting at 7.30pm. There will also be amusements and entertainment, and a family disco will follow at 8.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3.50 for children. A family ticket of two adults and three children costs £15 and includes disco entry. Click here to read our preview of the top 2012 fireworks displays in Somerset.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
3) Classic car show... The Footman James 12th Classic Vehicle Restoration Show is held at the Royal Bath and West Showground near Shepton Mallet this weekend. It is open from 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, featuring displays by 15 car clubs, live demonstrations, car auction and more than 100 exhibitors.
4) Fauna and flora... There is a free guided walk around Montacute House on Saturday from 11am to 1pm. It's a chance to see the wild and plant life around the grounds.
5) Yeovil Showground fireworks... A fireworks night charity extravaganza comes to Yeovil Showground on Saturday, November 3. Tickets for the popular annual event cost £6 for adults, £3 for children or £15 for a family group. Star Wars characters will be on patrol when the gates and fairground rides open at 5.30pm. There will be a medieval display at 7.40pm, followed by the fireworks at 8pm. Click here to read our preview of the top 2012 fireworks displays in Somerset.
6) The Steve Tilston Trio... The David Hall at South Petherton stages a gig from the Steve Tilson Trio on Saturday night. Tickets to see the folk legend, who won the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Best Original Song for 'The Reckoning' this year, cost £14, and the show starts at 8pm.
7) M5 Charity Concert... Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service Concert Band are playing at Taunton's Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre on Sunday afternoon. All proceeds go to the Somerset Accident Voluntary Emergency Service (SAVES) and The Fire Fighters Charity, and it starts at 3pm.
8) Legends of Darts... Eric Bristow, Bobby George, Keith Deller and John Lowe will play a Legends of Darts exhibition tournament at Somerset CCC's County Ground on Sunday evening. For more details, read our Keith Deller interview.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Click here to see the latest weather forecast in Somerset.