Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - November 17-18
It is time to look forward to another bumper weekend of things to do in Somerset.
If you're wondering what's on in the county, look no further - from live music and sport to days out and fine dining, our weekly guide is here to give you ten top suggestions...
1) Lend Me a Tenor... Comedy production Lend Me a Tenor has been playing all week at Tacchi-Morris Arts Centre in Taunton. Evening performances start at 7.30pm and on its final day, Saturday, there will also be a 2.30pm matinee performance.
2) Cider visit... If you want to stock up on some Somerset cider before Christmas, why not visit Hecks Farmhouse Cider at Street? It is open from 9am to 5pm on Saturday, and 10am to midday on Sunday. The Hecks farm shop also sells a variety of delicious local produce.
FREE WHEATGERM WITH EVERY POND HEATER www.blagdon-water-gardens.c...View details
Protect your pond fish this winter. Purchase the resun 100w pond heater £39.99 from www.blagdon-water-gardens.co.uk and we will give you a pot of Tetra wheatgerm 1l winter fishfood worth £4.99 FREE
Contact: 01934 316673
Valid until: Friday, February 28 2014
3) Taunton Titans v Barking... Taunton Titans are at home in National Two South action against Barking on Saturday evening. The match at Hyde Park kicks off at 3pm.
4) Professional wrestling... The stars of CSF Wrestling are ready to rumble at Frome's Cheese and Grain on Saturday night. The pro wrestling organisation will hold its annual Battle for the Belt tournament, headlined by a 'Money in the Bank' main event ladder match. The show starts at 7.15pm, and ends at approximately 9.30pm.
5) Axentis Michael Memorial Ball... Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier hosts the fifth Axentis Michael Memorial Ball on Saturday night. As many as 1,000 guests are expected to attend, and organisers are hoping to take the ball's fund-raising total past the £750,000 mark.
6) Museum of Somerset... Pay a visit to Taunton's Museum of Somerset on Sunday, and you'll also get to meet Father Christmas. Santa's Grotto will be at the Castle Green museum from midday to 5pm.
7) Ramble and roast... Take a stroll around Montacute House on Sunday morning, and work up your appetite for a Sunday roast. This Sunday's Ramble & Roast event starts at 11am, and you'll be back for dinner at 1pm.
8) Joe Brown... Rock n roll legend Joe Brown plays Yeovil's Octagon Theatre on Sunday evening. Brown has been performing for 50 years, and his Yeovil show starts at 7.30pm.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
SOMERSET WEATHER FORECAST
Click here to see the latest weather forecast in Somerset.