Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - March 1-3
It's time to start planning another packed weekend of things to do in Somerset.
From live entertainment, sport and movies to fine food and drink, our weekly guide is full of top suggestions...
1) Everybody Dance... Yeovil's Octagon Theatre hosts Everybody Dance 2013 this weekend. Running from Thursday to Sunday, hundreds of local schoolchildren will perform dance, music and singing shows. Performances take place at 7pm each evening, with Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2pm.
2) Flying Folk... An evening of folk music takes place at Ilminster Arts Centre on Friday night. Four folk duos will perform at the event, which starts at 8pm. Tickets cost £10 each, or £20.50 to include a pre-show supper that starts at 7pm.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
3) Steam train ride... Four steam trains are running in each direction on the West Somerset Railway timetable this weekend. Trains run between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead on Saturday and Sunday.
4) Yeovil Town v Tranmere Rovers... After Tuesday night's disappointing defeat at Colchester United, Yeovil Town will be looking to make home advantage count to further their promotion quest against third-placed Tranmere Rovers on Saturday. The match at Huish Park kicks off at 3pm.
5) Uriah Heep... 1970s heavy metal legends Uriah Heep play a gig at Frome's Cheese and Grain on Saturday night. Virgil and the Accelerators and Stretch provide the support. Tickets cost £20 in advance or £25 on the door.
6) Majma Dance... A Middle Eastern and World Dance Festival comes to Glastonbury this weekend, holding workshops, seminars and performances. The festival's HQ is at St Dunstan's School on Wells Road. For a full programme of events, visit www.majmadance.co.uk.
7) Wookey Hole Caves... if you're looking for a family day out on Sunday, why not pay a visit to Wookey Hole Caves and check out one of Britain's most spectacular caves?
8) Festival of Literature... The Festival of Literature at Hazlegrove School gets under way on Monday. Running for seven days from March 4 to 11, the festival aims to encourage all visitors to further develop a passion for reading books.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK