Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - January 4-6
Christmas may be over for another year, but there is no shortage of things to do in Somerset this weekend.
Whether you want to cling on to the festive spirit by taking your last chance to see a pantomime, or you fancy some January sales shopping or a good day out, we've got ten top suggestions to help you decide...
1) The Wind in the Willows... It's your last chance to see the Wind in the Willows at Taunton's Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre this weekend. There are performances at 2pm and 7pm on Friday, and 2pm on Saturday. Call the box office on 01823 283244 to book tickets.
2) Ice skating... There's also a last chance to go ice skating at Hestercombe Gardens this weekend. The festive ice rink is open from 10.20am to 8pm on Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
3) Aladdin... The pantomine Aladdin comes to an end at Yeovil's Octagon Theatre this weekend. There are two shows on Friday and Saturday (1.30pm and 6pm), and the last performance is at 1.30pm on Sunday afternoon. Call the box office on 01935 422884.
4) Antique fair... Frome's Cheese and Grain hosts an antiques, collectors and gifts market on Saturday from 9am to 3pm.
5) Sleeping Beauty... Actress Lorraine Chase and X Factor stars Same Difference appear in pantomine for the last time at The Playhouse in Weston-super-Mare this weekend. Sleeping Beauty will be performed at 11am, 3pm and 7pm on Saturday, and 1.30pm and 5.30pm on Sunday.
6) Frome Town v Bashley... Frome Town FC are at home against Bashley in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division on Saturday (3pm). Only one point separates the two sides, and both will be going for the win in a bid to pull away from the relegation zone.
7) Porlock Wassail Day... Traditional music and singing will play a big part of the Porlock Wassail Day and Mummers Play on Sunday. Refreshments are on offer at orchards along the route between Dovery Museum and Community Orchard. It will finish at the Ship Inn with a Mummers Play. Contact 01643 863150 for more information.
8) Shopping... Got Christmas money or vouchers to spend? Why not pop along to Clarks Village at Street this weekend? The January sales are now on, and the outlet is open from 9am to 6pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK