Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - January 19-21
It's time to start planning another packed weekend of things to do in Somerset.
Whether you fancy some traditional wassail celebrations, live music or a family day out, or you're happier enjoying some fine food and drink, our weekly guide is full of top suggestions...
1) Phil Beer... Tickets are going fast for Phil Beer's concert at South Petherton's David Hall on Friday evening. All online tickets have sold out, but a limited number will be available from the box office on 01460 240340. The box office is open on Wednesday and Friday from 11am to 2pm, and on the night of the performance from 7pm.
2) The Meat Loaf story... Steve Steinman brings his Meat Loaf Story to Yeovil's Octagon Theatre on Friday evening. Tickets start at £20.50, call the box office on 01935 422884.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
3) Lambing weekend... Puxton Park near Weston-super-Mare will be introducing their newborn lambs to visitors this weekend. There will be chances to bottle-feed and cuddle the lambs and, with some pregnant sheep on site, you may be lucky enough to see lambs being born.
4) Yeovil Town v Preston North End... After last Saturday's fantastic win at Sheffield United, Yeovil Town are back at Huish Park for the visit of Preston North End on Saturday afternoon (3pm). If the Glovers win and other results go their way, they could find themselves in a play-off place come 5pm.
5) Somerset Wassail celebrations... There are plenty of chances to join in with the county's wassail celebrations this weekend. Glastonbury's Somerset Rural Life Museum wassail is on Saturday evening from 7.30pm to 10pm. Music, a barn dance and the wassail custom will be laid on, but pre-booking your place is essential as a sell-out is expected. Call 01458 831197.
6) Hestercombe Gardens... Take a stroll around Hestercombe Gardens this weekend. They are open from 10am, and you can also visit the Courtyard, Stables Restaurant, coffee shop and Lutyens Gallery.
7) Quartet... Strode Theatre is showing movie Quartet from Friday for seven days. Show times this weekend are 7.30pm on Friday, 2.30pm on Saturday and 5pm on Sunday. Call 01458 446529 for further information or visit the Strode Theatre website for further details.
8) See the Cranes... The Willows and Wetlands Centre near Taunton hosts an RSPB Great Crane Project family day on Sunday afternoon. It runs from 1.45pm to 4.45pm, and costs £13 per adult and £2 per child. For more details and to book, call 07703 716524.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Click here for the latest Somerset weather forecast.