Ten things to do in Somerset this weekend - February 1-3
It's time to start planning another packed weekend of things to do in Somerset.
From live music, sport and family days out to fine food and drink, our weekly guide is full of top suggestions...
1) UK Pink Floyd Experience... Yeovil's Octagon Theatre welcomes the UK Pink Floyd Experience on Friday night. The nine-piece tribute band will perform songs from Dark Side of The Moon and other classic albums. Tickets start at £13.50.
2) The Parson's Pirates... Taunton's Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre stages two performances of The Parson's Pirates this weekend. Opera della Luna's comic take on The Pirates of Penzance will be performed on Friday and Saturday evening at 7.45pm on both nights.
3) Salsa on the Pier... A day of salsa dancing comes to Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier on Saturday. Doors open from 10am and tickets cost £24.
4) Yeovil Town v Brentford... Last weekend Brentford held Chelsea to a 2-2 draw in the FA Cup. This Saturday they visit Huish Park to take on a Yeovil Town side looking to mount a serious play-off push. Kick-off is at 3pm.
5) Larry Miller... Blues guitarist Larry Miller plays Frome's Cheese and Grain on Saturday night. Fabric provide the support, and doors open at 8pm. Tickets cost £13.50 in advance or £15.50 on the door.
6) Hestercombe Humdinger... Pay a visit to Hestercombe Gardens on Sunday morning and cheer on the runners in the 2013 Hestercombe Humdinger. The 9.5-mile road race gets under way at 10.30am, followed by the Hestercombe Hurtle 5k at 10.40am. Around 300 runners will take part.
7) SeaQuarium... Pay a visit to Weston-super-Mare's SeaQuarium for an up-close look at some fascinating sea creatures. It is open daily from 10am.
8) Sunday stroll... If you're planning a Sunday walk, why not visit Ham Hill Country Park and take in the impressive views around the iron age hill fort near Stoke-sub-Hamdon?
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK