More snow forecast for Tuesday to add to Somerset's ice warning
Somerset is braced for another round of snow over the coming days, with sub-zero temperatures forecast overnight and rain set to turn to sleet.
Yellow weather warnings of ice are in place for Somerset today, and of both snow and ice tomorrow. The Met Office predicts icy stretches on untreated surfaces.
Between one and three centimetres of snow could fall in the South West today. Taunton is expected to see snowfall from around 3pm tomorrow, starting as a light flurry and developing into heavy snow from around 6pm.
The heavy snowfall is expected to subside by around midnight, and fall gently until around 6am on Wednesday.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
In Bridgwater, light snow is expected from around 6pm tomorrow until around 9am on Wednesday.
Temperatures in Taunton will drop to -2°C overnight tonight, but the Met Office says it will feel even colder - as low as -4°C. As snow falls on Tuesday night, temperatures could feel as low as -5°C.
Meanwhile in Bridgwater, temperatures will fall to -2°C overnight. It will, however, feel as cold as -5°C. Temperatures will be freezing on Tuesday night, but it will feel as chilly as -4°C.
There is a 20 per cent chance of precipitation - that is, rain, sleet or snow - in Taunton tomorrow morning, rising to 80 per cent by 6pm. The likelihood in Bridgwater stands at 20 per cent tomorrow morning, rising to 60 per cent by the evening.
The South West should brace itself for travel disruption both today and tomorrow, the Met Office warns. Yellow weather warnings of ice remain in place until Wednesday afternoon.
Click here to see the latest weather forecast in Somerset.
Click here to visit the Met Office website.