Saturday 31st August is a date to put in your diary if you enjoy Military Band performances.
The Band of the Brigade of Gurkhas, will be playing lively concert music,which together with rapid marching displays, has always delighted assembled audiences. Just to give you a taste to whet your appetite they will be playing the Pomp and Circumstance Military March no 4, the Road to the Isles and the Keel Row,as well as music for the Ghurkha children who will perform traditional dances later in the evening. The Pipes and Drums of the Wessex Highlanders and the Somerset Army Cadet Force Silver Bugles will perform before the Gurkhas and during the grand finale.
There will be a "Last Night of the Proms" feel to the end of the evening with soprano Teresa de Roberto leading guests in traditional songs,including Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory. Finally and providing a perfect end to the evening, Cotswold Fireworks will manage a spectacular Firework Display.
The event is being held in the grounds of Hazlegrove School, at Sparkford. There is a huge banner at the entrance, off the Hazlegrove roundabout, clearly indicating the venue.
Guests are invited to arrive at the grounds from 5 30pm, with their picnics, settling down, relaxing and enjoying the beautiful English countryside before the music begins at 7pm.The whole performance will last two hours.
Tickets are available in advance from Bradsons, either online at http://tinyurl.com/m6hoocv or by phone on 01749 813899.Credit/debit cards are accepted online and for telephone bookings.Tickets are £15 for adults and £6 for children in advance with an increase of £1 for both categories if you buy a ticket at the gate on the night.
The whole event has a two aims. Obviously a demonstration of the fantastic talent of all the musicians involved and entertainment for the many guests is a key aim.In addition to this and underlying this event, is a desire to raise funds for charity, principally St Margaret's Hospice and the Gurkha Welfare Trust. Both charities provide an invaluable service to people at a difficult time of their lives.
St Margaret's Hospice gives free specialist care to local people who have sadly been diagnosed with a terminal illness.Specialist clinicians work throughout Somerset and there is a hospice in each of the Somerset towns of Yeovil and Taunton. Hospice care involves specialist palliative care, as well as compassion and support which are so essential to both the patient and their families. St Margaret's receives 28% of its funding from the NHS , the remaining 72% has to be derived from very generous, supportive local people, who are so aware of the value of hospice care.
The Gurkha Welfare Trust provides medical cover for ex Gurkhas in Nepal where there is no NHS and also relief when ex Gurkha families are made destitute through natural disaster. The Gurkha Welfare Trust is a lifeline and is often all that stands between a deserving old soldier in Nepal and destitution.
Book your tickets now and be part of this exceptional evening.
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2013
Repeats: Every Day until Sunday, September 01, 2013
Political Debate? Demonstration? Tea Party? Let everyone know about your big event! Create an event by clicking below.Create an event