Fire crews called to electrical fire in Yeovil
Two fire engines were called to stem the flames when an electricity metre box caught alight yesterday.
The electricity box was attached to the outside wall of a house in Forde Park, Yeovil.
Fire crews had to call energy supplier Southern Electric to isolate the electricity supply before using
carbon dioxide extinguishers to put out the fire.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call around 5:15pm regarding the fire, which is believed to have been an accident.
The Yeovil fire crew required extra carbon dioxide extinguishers and a flexi-eye camera to check the area for hot spots using thermal imaging.