Competition Terms and Conditions
NORTHCLIFFE MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Somerset Standard and Guardian Series | Mid Somerset Series | Western Gazette
- No employees of Northcliffe News and Media or any company associated with a particular competition, promotion or game, or any member of their close family may enter.
- Unless otherwise specified, all entries must be made using the entry form(s) printed in associated Northcliffe newspaper. No photocopies will be accepted.
- Prizes are as stated and no alternatives cash or otherwise are available.
- All entries must be received by the date published in the associated Northcliffe newspaper.
- Northcliffe News & Media accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
- Publicity may be given to any competition winners and/or entrants and their names and/or photographs printed in associated newspaper.
- The determination and decision of the Editor on all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Editor reserves the right in absolute discretion to disqualify any entry competitors, or nominee, add to, or write any rules, or to cancel the whole or part of any competition, game or promotion at any stage without prior notification.
- In the event of more than one correct entry being received the Editor’s decision on the tiebreaker questions will decide the winner(s) of any competition, game or promotion.
- Where associated newspaper offers prizes on behalf of a partner company, these prizes are provided in their entirety by these associated companies. The associated newspaper cannot be held responsible for any failure to provide prizes as specified and all enquiries in reference to such prizes will be referred to the associated companies.
- Any closing date for entries and/or rules of play which are published as part of any competition, promotion or game form part of the rules for entry of that competition, promotion or game.
- No purchase/payment is required unless stated. ‘Free to enter’ entries can be taken by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and entering the competition title in the subject line. Please include the answer to the competition question, along with your name, address, postcode and daytime telephone number.
- Copies of competition entry forms are available (if applicable) from associated newspaper on day of publication only. When you respond to Northclifee News & Media competitions, offers or promotions, we may use your information for marketing purposes.
- We will contact you by mail or telephone to let you know about any of our special offers, products and services which may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to. We will only contact you by e-mail, text message or similar electronic means with your permission. We will only pass your name on to third parties if you have consented for us to do so.
- In some cases our special offers, products and services may be provided, on our behalf, by our partners. If you have agreed to be contacted by us, your personal information may be passed to our partners, however, in all such cases we remain a data controller of your personal information.
- When responding to competitions, offers or promotions by postcard, if you do not wish your details to be used by us to send you special offers, please make this clear by stating “no offers”.
- We respect your data privacy. You may modify your preferences or get further information by writing to us at Northcliffe News & Media, Westpoint, James St West, Bath, BA1 2DA or by e-mail to email@example.com
The Somerset Standard & Guardian: Westpoint, James St West, Bath, BA1 2DA
Mid Somerset Series: Southover, Wells, BA5 1UH
Western Gazette: Yeovil Innovation Centre, Barracks Close, Copse Road, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8RN