Five action-packed Somerset Christmas gift ideas
Go on, admit it. You may not have been brave enough to mention it in public yet, but the worry of finding Christmas presents to satisfy your nearest and dearest really starts to weigh on the mind in October.
Last week’s heatwave helped to delay the inevitable but, let’s face it, the festive period is on its way… look no further than the local supermarket shelves if you’re in any need of a sharp reminder.
So, how do you avoid that awkward moment when you watch a polite family member feign delight while unwrapping their gifts?
The answer may just lie with an activity voucher. The perception of gift vouchers being unimaginative Christmas presents is really quite dated now, especially with the wide range of action and adventure gifts available in Somerset.
So if you have a loved one who enjoys the odd risk, why not consider one of our top five action-packed Christmas gift ideas to give them an unforgettable adrenalin rush?
1) There’s no need to walk over hot coals to find the perfect Christmas present… it is the present! Gift experience specialists Thanks Darling are offering a Fire and Broken Glass Walking experience in Taunton for £49. Qualified instructors will offer safety briefs, demonstrations and training, getting you ready for the ultimate ‘mind over matter’ test.
Thanks Darling – 0845 862 8900
2) If you know someone who has a need for speed, Subaru Rally Experience is offering special Christmas vouchers for a three-hour rally driving experience at its Haynes International Motor Museum base near Yeovil. After a cuppa and a safety briefing, strap yourself in for lessons, ending with handbrake turns and rally scenario training.
Subaru Rally Experience, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset BA22 7LH – 0845 689 0649
3) If you’re looking for high-octane, but on a slightly smaller scale, Karting Nation has a range of gift vouchers on offer at its Karting Cheddar centre. Prices start at £17.50 per person for 10-minute sessions, up to £54.99 for a three-hour endurance. If you’ve been unorganised and have left your Christmas shopping until the last minute, don’t panic… Karting Nation can supply e-vouchers sent direct to your inbox when you purchase online.
Karting Cheddar, Somerset – 0844 745 5006
4) Maybe your loved one prefers size to speed? If so, there’s no more memorable experience than a spot of tank driving on the Mendip Hills, courtesy of experience company Golden Moments. A voucher costing £182.99 will give a friend or family member a day driving four of the world’s toughest military vehicles, under expert supervision.
Golden Moments – www.goldenmoments.com
5) For a more relaxing and leisurely experience gift, West Somerset Railway offers a range of Christmas vouchers in multiples of £5. They can be exchanged as full or part payment for any train rides or shop items, and there’s no expiry date. Definitely one for steam enthusiasts!
West Somerset Railway – 01643 704996