Wincanton has all-chase card rain contingency plan for Thursday's meeting
Wincanton has a contingency plan in place should heavy rain render the hurdle course unraceable for its meeting on Thursday. If that is the case the intention is to stage an all-chase card.
Steve Parlett, Wincanton’s general manager, said: “Over the weekend we experienced 28mm of rain, making the going heavy.
“In light of the fact that that the ground-staff have not been able to work on the track since mid-January until today, and with a forecast of up to 25mm rain in the next 24 hours, we have asked the BHA to provisionally schedule an all Chase card for Thursday.
“Despite there being no standing water, the course is too wet to roll.
Create the wow factor in your new kitchen by taking advantage of this fantastic NEFF promotion. Simply buy four Neff appliances and you can purchase a Neff dishwasher for half price.
Terms: Excludes warming drawers & accessories
Contact: 01458 550009
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
“A decision will be made tomorrow based on the condition of the course following any overnight rain. If the weather forecast is kind, we shall press on with the original races – this is purely a contingency plan if needed to give us the best chance to get racing on.
“I would like to take the opportunity to credit our grounds team, headed by clerk of the course Barry Johnson. The team have done a sterling job this season.”