Stanton Wick protesters hold travellers site exhibitions
Campaigners fighting controversial plans for a gypsy and travellers site at a former colliery in Stanton Wick have organised two walk-in exhibitions.
Stanton Wick Action Group, which is opposing the application, has organised the first exhibition at Stanton Drew Village Hall on Wednesday February 27 between 5.30pm and 9.30pm and the second is at Pensford Memorial Hall on Sunday March 3 between 2pm and 6pm.
The application for 12 pitches on a 26 acre former shale waste tip has been submitted by agents, Ruston Planning, on behalf of applicant Tom Smart.
The site, in Wick Lane, Stanton Wick, had been removed from a Bath and North East Somerset Council consultation on travellers sites last year.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Now Stanton Wick Action Group, which is opposing the application, has organised an exhibition of the plans at Pensford Memorial Hall on Sunday March 3 between 2pm and 6pm.
A report from a planning consultant employed by the objectors will also be available at the exhibition and members of the group will be on hand to give their views and discuss the application in detail
Group spokesman, Clarke Osborne, said that the planning consultant would be helping them with a formal letter of objection to the plan.
He said: "The application was not entirely unexpected but it does require a united response. In the absence of the usual consultation arrangements expected from an application we have arranged for own."
The agent has declined to comment.