Somerset fireworks displays: Top ten places to celebrate Bonfire Night in 2012
Fireworks displays will light up the sky above Somerset in the coming weeks as the county celebrates Guy Fawkes Night on November 5.
The evening spectaculars aren't just limited to Bonfire Night, though. There is a superb choice of top displays across Somerset from October 27 to November 11 - see our ten recommendations below if you're wondering which one to go to...
1) Taunton Racecourse... The fireworks display at Taunton Racecourse will be held on Saturday, October 27. Gates open at 4pm, and the display gets under way at 8pm. There will also be plenty of on-stage entertainment, and prizes for the best Hallowe'en costume. Tickets are £5 if ordered in advance online, or £6 on the day.
2) Bridgwater Carnival... A grand fireworks display will be held in Bridgwater on Friday, November 2 - the night before the town's Guy Fawkes Carnival spectacular. The display will take place in St Matthews Field at 7pm. Click here for further Bridgwater Carnival information.
3) Westland Conference and Leisure Complex... Yeovil's Westland Conference and Leisure Complex hosts a fireworks extravaganza on Friday, November 2. The bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm, with the fireworks starting at 7.30pm. There will also be amusements and entertainment, and a family disco will follow at 8.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3.50 for children. A family ticket of two adults and three children costs £15 and includes disco entry.
4) Paulton Rovers Football Club... The annual fireworks display at Paulton Rovers Football Club takes place on Saturday, November 3. Tickets bought in advance will cost £4 for adults and £2 for children. The prices will be increased by £1 for any tickets bought from November 1 onwards. After the display, there will be a family disco in the club's Francis Suite.
5) Yeovil Showground... A fireworks night charity extravaganza comes to Yeovil Showground on Saturday, November 3. Tickets for the popular annual event cost £6 for adults, £3 for children or £15 for a family group. Star Wars characters will be on patrol when the gates and fairground rides open at 5.30pm. There will be a medieval display at 7.40pm, followed by the fireworks at 8pm.
6) Clevedon Cricket Club... Clevedon and District Round Table's annual Bonfire and Firework Fantasia 2012 will be held on Saturday, November 3, at Clevedon Cricket Club. Gates open at 6pm for children's funfair rides, and the bonfire is lit at 7pm. The fireworks display starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £3 in advance or £4 on the night. Family tickets for two adults and two children cost £8 in advance or £10 on the night.
7) Wells City Football Club... The annual fireworks extravaganza at Wells City Football Club will be held on Sunday, November 4. Gates open at 6pm, and tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for children. Family tickets are available at £13.
8) Hatch Beauchamp... This year's Hatch Beauchamp Charity Bonfire and Fireworks Display takes place at Meare Court Farm on Monday, November 5. Gates open at 5.30pm, and the display starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for adults, £3 for children and £12 for a family. On-site parking is free.
9) Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier... The spectacular sight of fireworks exploding over the sea returns to Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier on Saturday, November 10. Entry onto the pier, which includes unlimited rides, cost £5, or £7.50 to include a hot dog or burger. Doors open at 6pm, and the display starts at 8pm.
10) Burnham-on-Sea... Another seafront spectacular will be held in Burnham-on-Sea on Sunday, November 11. The display at the town's jetty is due to start at 7.30pm, and crowds can line the Esplanade to watch the fireworks.