Road closures due to flooding across Somerset could cause problems for motorists returning to work
If you are heading back to work this week, be aware that
there are many road closures and plenty of surface water making travel difficult
Many minor roads across Somerset are experiencing standing
Create the wow factor in your new kitchen by taking advantage of this fantastic NEFF promotion. Simply buy four Neff appliances and you can purchase a Neff dishwasher for half price.
Terms: Excludes warming drawers & accessories
Contact: 01458 550009
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
and very deep water in numerous locations.
Among the problem areas are:
- The A361 between Burrowbridge and East Lyng has been closed
- Cheddar Gorge has been closed.
- The minor road between Moorland and Burrowbridge is still
flooded and not passable.
- All roads into Muchelney are experiencing flooding.
- The A39 at Billbrook is passable with care.
- Street Drove near Street and Cow Bridge Road near
Glastonbury were expected to be re-opened, although more rain could have resulted
in them being closed again.
- Cutts Road near Bridgwater, Maidenbrook Lane in Taunton and
Broom Lane near Taunton are closed.
- Cats Lane near Taunton is closed due to a landslip.
- Marsh Bridge and Perry New Road at Dulverton are closed due
to flood damage to road surface and verge/embankment.
- There is a large amount of surface water on the A371 between
Draycott and Cheddar.
- The B3135 between Burnham on Sea and Wells is closed at
Wedmore for roadworks.
- The Wedmore to Westhay Road is also affected by surface
This is not a complete list of closures and problems.
If you have any information about road closures or hazards,
please post them below or on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thisissomerset