Man, 91, in hospital after Weston-super-Mare house fire
An elderly man was taken to hospital after a house fire in Weston-super-Mare yesterday afternoon.
The 91-year-old man was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out in the kitchen of a property at Maltlands, Locking Castle.
Firefighters said the blaze started with some food cooking on a gas hob, and spread to the living room.
Some of the property's first-floor rooms were also damaged by the fire.
FREE home energy survey - BEAT THE ENERGY PRICE CRUNCH!View details
Call us on 01271 323309 and book your FREE home energy survey during December. Let us help you reduce your energy bills as well as your carbon footprint.
Valid until 20th Dec 2013
Consultation is completely free
No obligation and impartial advice
Contact: 01271 440974
Valid until: Friday, December 20 2013