Longleat says Cheddar Gorge cable car bid returns this summer
It may have gone quiet for nine months but the Cheddar
cable car scheme has re-emerged.
Longleat chief David Bradley promised proposals will be available for public scrutiny this summer.
Nothing about the issue has been heard from the Cheddar Caves & Gorge owner for a while but debate has never stopped over the pros and cons of sending tourists to the top of the Longleat-owned half of the gorge.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Last week Mr Bradley said: “Following a very successful public consultation in March 2012 Longleat Estates have been progressing their proposals for a cable car in Cheddar Gorge.
“Extensive and wide ranging surveys were carried out throughout 2012 and these extensive surveys are continuing.
“Longleat Estates remain fully committed to this project which we believe is vital to the future success of Cheddar Gorge as a tourist attraction.
“It is expected that proposals will be made available for public viewing in the summer of 2013.”
Mr Bradley has previously said the cable car scheme – first floated back in 1966 – was needed to combat falling visitor numbers and opposed views from the National Trust and Mendip Hills custodians that it would cause environmental harm.
The last time proposals were discussed, it was revealed that no building was to go on top Cheddar Gorge, with passengers embarking from the defunct Cox’s Mill.