Investigators say Wells kebab shop fire officially an accident
The investigation into the fire at a Wells kebab shop on Boxing Day has been completed.
The Joint Fire Investigation team have recorded the fire as accidental.
They brought a "hydrocarbon" dog from Cornwall's fire service which could not sniff out any sign of an accelerant being used to start the blaze.
Their report's summery believes the cause was a "fault with or abnormal electrical activity within a large commercial freezer".
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The investigators found that the shop was secure and police crime scene investigators found no evidence of forced entry.
They believe that the fault led to a build up of heat pressure in the room resulting in "flashover" conditions.
There were two potential causes for this to lead to an explosion, called ignition sources.
These were a glass fronted food display fridge and a large commercial freezer
Due to the large amount of fire damage around the freezer this is seen as the most likely cause.
Police are still keen to speak to a man who was seen near the shop at the time of the blaze.
CCTV footage showed a man in his late 20s to 30s approaching the shop at 3.25am, just before the shop went up in flames.
Police wish to stress that the man is not a suspect but just wish to hear his account of what happened.
The man is described as around 5ft 10in tall, of medium build and tanned complexion with dark stubble. He was wearing a blue anorak style hoody, dark trousers and white trainers.
They also wish to speak to the driver of a white Peugeot 106 that was driving around Wells city centre at around the same time.
Again, this person is being treated as a witness not a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on 101.