Garage destroyed in Street fire
Two fire engines were called to the on fire Gooselade, Street on Wednesday night at 9pm.
Another was called because there were fears the fire could spread to the house.
The garage was completely destroyed by the fire.
By 10.20pm the blaze had been brought under control.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The cause is believed to be accidental and due to a charging unit for a battery operated drill.
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: "The fire did not spread to the house, a large detached privately owned property, although the first floor did suffer from smoke logging.
"The garage was completely destroyed by fire.
"No persons were involved or injured and duty of care was left with the owner."