Firefighters race to stop blaze spreading at Crewkerne house
Firefighters faced a race agaisnt time this morning when a kitchen fire at a house in Crewkerne began to spread to the loft.
The fire broke out at 5.13am at the property on Barn Close. Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call to an electrical fire inside the kitchen.
Fire appliances from Crewkerne, Chard and Ilminster attended the scene and believed the fire to have spread to the loft space of the property.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and requested help from the incident support unit from Yeovil. The Fire Service then took some time to check for hot spots in the loft space of the property.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
A spokesman said: "Fire crews requested the attendance of Western Power to isolate the supply to the property. The cause of the fire was accidental."