Farm cottage roof fire started by outdoor security light
An outdoor security light caught fire and spread to the roof of a farm cottage in North Petherton in the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters from Bridgwater were called to the property at Chadmead shortly after midnight after receiving reports of a roof blaze.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the light had caught fire, which then spread to a corner of the roof space and the cavity wall insulation.
Crews cut away a section of the roof's fascia board and extinquished the blaze.