Double chemical scare in adjacent Wells streets
There were two chemical scares in adjacent streets in Wells on Saturday.
Three cars in Southover were covered in what appeared to be a mysterious white powder at 1.30pm.
A cordon was put in place and roads closed while fire crews examined the scene.
It was determined that the substance was not harmful and most likely the powder from a discharged fire extinguisher.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Police are treating the incident as antisocial behaviour.
At around the same time fire crews were called upon to don full chemical protection suits after a resident's barometer fell off the wall and spilt toxic mercury at a home in Carlton Mews.
They consulted scientific experts who advised them to take the precautions before removing the liquid metal and contaminated articles from the property.