ENRAGED with his ex wife over a family issue, a man threatened to slice her throat and send up the "boys" in a series of vicious text messages.
Christopher Paul Vile "lost the plot" and sent a torrent of abusive messages to his ex who had set up home with one of his friends in Yeovil.
Fearing for her safety she called the police and he was arrested and confessed he had been drinking and could not even remember what he had put in the messages.
Vile, 50, of Collin Close, Plymouth, pleaded guilty to pursuing a course of conduct amounting to the harassment of Elizabeth Mellor at Yeovil on July 17 in that he sent her abusive and threatening text messages.
Prosecutor Alex Lane said that Miss Mellor had been in a relationship with Vile for 10 years but she left him due to his alcohol problem and was in a new relationship with a mutual friend.
Vile moved back to Plymouth and she questioned his ability over child access arrangements which made him angry and he began calling her mobile.
"She ignored him at first but when her new partner returned home he said he had also received a call from Vile," she said.
"She answered the next call and Vile said he would come up there and slice her throat and kill her and then continued with similar texts and calls throughout the day making other threats including saying the boys from Plymouth were interested in coming up to see her."
Vile was arrested by the police and when interviewed said that Miss Mellor had left him without explanation and then started a new relationship.
He was told he would have to have supervised contact with his children and as a result he stayed up overnight drinking and decided to call her.
Mrs Lane added: "He said he became angry but could not remember what he said or did due to the level of his intoxication.
"However he was shocked when he realised what he had done and was very sorry."
Defending, Chris Baddoo said that Vile had thought he had a perfect marriage but then a mutual friend came into their lives and he felt he was edged out.
"The complainant now lives with that friend and for a while Vile had nowhere to live and eventually went back to Plymouth," he said.
"He had regular contact with his children but all of a sudden the squeeze was put on the contact and it was deemed that it would take place in a contact centre under supervision.
"He then lost the plot and got angry, then went out drinking and sent five or six text messages and later accepted what he did was wrong."
He said the defendant made full admissions to the police but was now a "broken man" and unable to work after being diagnosed with depression.
"He momentarily lost his senses but is now taking steps through a solicitor to see his children," he added.
The magistrates imposed a 12 month conditional discharge on Vile and ordered him to pay a £15 victim surcharge. No costs were requested.
ANGRY that his wife was having an affair, a man assaulted her in the family home when she said she intended to raise their child with her new lover.
Krzusztof Rolka had a heated argument after being out drinking and then waved a bedroom light at her, spat in her face and hit her twice.
The terrified victim ran to a neighbour's house for safety and after he was arrested he admitted the offence but said he had been severely provoked.
Defending solicitor John Killah said: "Provocation is never a defence but in this case he was faced with very severe provocation in being told that his son would be returning to Poland and brought up with another man."
Rolka, 27, of Furzehill, Chard, pleaded guilty to assaulting Marlene Rolka by beating her at Chard on June 20 when he appeared before Somerset Magistrates sitting as a special domestic violence court.
The court heard that the couple had been married for four years but the marriage had deteriorated and they got together to discuss their problems and what would happen to their child.
"Rolka went to use his wife's phone in the bedroom and then became angry and picked up a bedside light and waved it at her which scared her," said prosecutor Alex Lane.
"He then spat in her face twice and hit her to the head two times and the victim ran to a neighbour's house.
"When Rolka was arrested and interviewed he told police his wife was having an affair and initially they had had a discussion without any argument but after he had some drinks the argument escalated."
He admitted slapping her twice to the head and she fell onto the bed and the police saw she had an injury to her forehead.
The defendant was very upset during interview but said he had been severely provoked but was subsequently very apologetic and said he regretted his actions.
Mr Killah said that Rolka had never been in trouble before and was very ashamed of how he had behaved.
"For any person to be told their child will be brought up by someone else is bound to have some impact, but my client accepts that that should not have meant that he assaulted his wife," he said.
The magistrates sentenced the defendant to a community order with an eight week curfew requirement.
During that time he must remain inside his home between the hours of 8pm and 5am while fitted with an electronic tag.
Costs of £85 and a £60 victim surcharge were also imposed but no order was made for compensation.
A YEOVIL man who appeared in court charged with assaulting his father has had the case against him adjourned for a mental health report to be prepared.
Douglas Mark Hall, 22, of Freedom Avenue, appeared in the dock before Somerset Magistrates sitting as a special domestic violence court.
He was charged that on July 7 at Yeovil he assaulted Peter Hall by beating him. He did not enter a plea.
Prosecutor Alex Lane said that following an initial assessment by a mental health worker in court it was requested that the case be adjourned for a further assessment to be carried out.
The magistrates agreed to the request and ordered the case be adjourned until Tuesday September 17. In the meantime they released Hall on unconditional bail.
A WINCANTON man convicted of assaults upon a man and a woman has had the case against him adjourned until next month for sentence.
Nicholas Paul Brooks, 41, of Crocker Way, appeared before Somerset Magistrates sitting at Yeovil.
He had previously been convicted following a trial of assaulting Samantha Douel and Stephen Wilkinson by beating them during an incident at Shepton Mallet on April 14.
The case had been adjourned for a pre-sentence report to be prepared by the probation service but the court was told that the defendant had not yet been given an appointment.
The magistrates agreed a further adjournment in the case and ordered Brooks to return to the court on Tuesday September 17. In the meantime he was released on conditional bail.
A MAN accused of an assault upon his wife has had the matter against him withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service.
Bartosz Zadworny, 40, of Paradise Road, Glastonbury, but originally from Poland, appeared in the dock before Somerset Magistrates, sitting as a special domestic violence court.
He was charged with assaulting Teresa Zadworny by beating her during an incident at Yeovil between May 1 and June 22.
Prosecutor Alex Lane told the magistrates the victim did not want to proceed with the allegation and that matters between the couple had now been resolved.
TWO men charged with an allegation of affray following an incident at Yeovil have been ordered to stand trial at Taunton Crown Court.
Terence Case, 49, of no fixed address and Lee Anthony Lehmann, 22, of Barnabas House, appeared before Somerset Magistrates sitting at Yeovil.
They were both jointly charged with each other that on May 2 at Yeovil they used or threatened unlawful violence towards another and their conduct was such that it would cause a person to fear for his personal safety.
Neither defendant entered a plea to the charge and after hearing further details of the offence the magistrates directed them to be sent to Taunton Crown Court to stand trial due to its serious nature.
The case was adjourned until Monday when they must attend a preliminary hearing at Taunton and until then they were both released on unconditional bail.
A MAN accused of an offence of drink driving at Crewkerne has had the case against him adjourned for an interpreter to be present.
Boguslav Reczkowicz, 25, of Bath Street, Chard, originally from Poland, appeared before Somerset Magistrates sitting at Yeovil.
He was charged that on August 2 he drive a black BMW on Middle Path after consuming excess alcohol.
The charge detailed that a breath test taken by the defendant produced a reading of 74mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35mcg of alcohol.
He was further charged with driving the vehicle without a valid licence.
A CHARD man who made alleged threats towards two police officers that he intended to kill them has elected to stand trial at Taunton Crown Court.
Martin Alan Higgins, 22, of Coles Place, appeared before Somerset Magistrates sitting at Yeovil following the incident where he allegedly threatened to shoot the officers.
He was charged that on July 28 at Chard he made to two police constables a threat to kill them intending that they would fear the threat would be carried out. He did not enter any pleas.
The case was adjourned until Monday, September 9 when the defendant must attend a preliminary hearing at Taunton.
Until his next court appearance he was released on unconditional bail.
A TINTINHULL man alleged to have been drink driving where he was said to have been more than three and a half times over the legal limit has appeared in court.
Milan Gemmel, 43, of Queen Street, was in the dock before Somerset Magistrates sitting at Yeovil.
He pleaded not guilty to driving a Vauxhall Omega on Lyde Road in Yeovil with excess alcohol on July 20.
A pre trial review was conducted and the matter was adjourned until November 26 when the defendant must return to the court to stand trial. In the meantime he was given unconditional bail.