Christmas parties in Somerset: Ten top picks for festive fun
Christmas is known as the season to be merry, and it’s not difficult with the amount of parties being held across Somerset.
The popularity of the office party means that plenty of venues are already fully booked but, if you fear you’ve left it too late to book something, don’t worry.
Somerset has lots of parties where you’ll be made welcome, whether you’re on your own, a couple, or a group of friends or work colleagues.
So if you’re in the mood for a few festive drinks, a Christmas meal and a bit of a dance, and you’ve not had a party invite, why not consider one of these ten suggestions for a great night out…
1) Rookery Manor is holding a Christmas Party on Saturday, December 3. The Weston-super-Mare venue is laying on a three-course Christmas dinner, followed by a DJ and disco, for £29.95 per person.
In addition, it has also organised a series of Christmas Cabaret evenings featuring live music from popular tribute acts. Evenings include the three-course meal, disco and performances from tribute artists singing the songs of Michael Buble (December 2), Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse (December 9), Kylie Minogue (December 16) and Rihanna (December 17). Each evening costs £29.95 per person, except for the Rihanna night which costs £32.95.
Rookery Manor, Edingworth, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset BS24 0JB. Tel: 0845 409 09 09.
2) BRAZZ@The Castle is now taking bookings for Christmas parties, with their festive party menu available from Tuesday, November 29 all the way up to Christmas Eve. The three-course meal costs £37.50 per person and is available at lunchtime or in the evening.
You’ll also be greeted with a glass of mulled wine to get you in the mood, and special overnight stay rates are available. Menus and booking forms are available to download from the hotel’s website www.the-castle-hotel.com.
BRAZZ@The Castle, Castle Hotel, Castle Bow, Taunton, Somerset TA1 1NF. Tel: 01823 272671.
3) The Shrubbery Hotel at Ilminster has special Christmas Party nights available from Friday, December 2. A four-course carvery dinner will be supplemented by live music. Several are already fully booked but, at the time of writing, there are still last-minute discounted tickets of £20 per person for nights on December 2, 3 and 23.
Alternatively, pre-book your own festive lunch or dinner party. Smaller parties are welcome in the restaurant, and larger parties in the ballroom. Lunch is £18.50 per person (midday to 2pm), and dinner is £22.50 (7.30pm to 9.30pm).
Best Western Shrubbery Hotel, Station Road, Ilminster, Somerset TA19 9AR. Tel: 01460 52108.
4) Hornsbury Mill near Chard has private function rooms or themed nights on offer for Christmas parties. At the time of writing, there are places available on a special Christmas Murder Mystery and Disco evening on Friday, December 2. It costs £37 per person, to include a four-course meal. There is also a Christmas menu available for party bookings from December 1.
Hornsbury Mill, Eleighwater, Chard, Somerset TA20 3AQ. Tel: 01460 63317.
5) Huntstile Organic Farm near Bridgwater is known as a fine wedding venue, but you can also throw a pretty good Christmas party too. The farm is available for festive bookings from December 7, and has a three-course meal on offer for £27 per person. Dishes need to be pre-ordered, and the festive menu is available to view online at www.huntstileorganicfarm.co.uk
Huntstile Organic Farm, Goathurst, Bridgwater, Somerset TA5 2DQ. Tel: 01278 662358.
6) Brean Leisure Park has a number of offers available for Christmas party bookings. Parties of 15 or more include one free person, and parties of 30 or more include two free people. If you travel there by coach, the driver will also be given a free meal.
The park has a busy Christmas party calendar in place, starting on December 2 with a Blues Brothers tribute act. It costs £15 per person, to include a buffet. Other nights include party band Vivo on December 3 (£25 to include three-course meal), comedy ventriloquist Jimmy Tamley on December 9 (£15 including buffet), a live soul and Motown band on December 10 (£25 to include three-course meal), live party band Touch & Go on December 16 and 17 (£28.50 with three-course meal) and a disco night on December 22 (£10 to include basket meal).
Brean Leisure Park, Coast Road, Brean Sands, Somerset TA8 2QY. Tel: 01278 751595.
7) Extra Christmas Party nights have been added to Yeovil’s Manor Hotel calendar due to popular demand. Many have sold out but, at the time of writing, there are places available on December 15, 22 and 23. Enjoy a three-course meal, tea or coffee, novelties and a disco for £24.95 per person.
Manor Hotel, 26 Hendford, Yeovil, Somerset BA20 1TG. Tel: 01935 423116.
8) Quantock View is hosting a black-tie Christmas party on December 9, for £36 per person. As well as its spectacular setting, included in the price is a welcome drink in the Rustic Barn, festive entertainment, three-course meal in a heated marquee, live band and a DJ.
Quantock View, Inwood Farm, Nether Stowey, Somerset TA5 1HY. Tel: 01823 729333.
9) The Archangel at Frome caters for all sizes of party with both sit-down meals and buffets available. If there’s just a few of you, the hotel restaurant is a great choice, or for bigger groups, the free-floating The Cube room can host up to 12 people.
Archangel, 1 King Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 1BH. Tel: 01373 456111.
10) The Oaktree at Highbridge has five party nights planned for December 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17, at £23.50 per person to include three-course meal and entertainment. However, you can also book your own party and the hotel is able to provide catering, entertainment and midweek room discounts.
Oaktree Arena, Bristol Road, Edithmead, Highbridge, Somerset TA9 4HA. Tel: 01278 782216.