Christmas dinners in Somerset: Ten festive picks for eating out
Is the thought of Christmas dinner making you hungry already? If so, why not pay a visit to a pub or restaurant in Somerset and sample some of the delicious festive menus on offer?
We've come up with a list of ten top picks for Christmas meals in Somerset this December, but hurry up with your booking - there are only limited places left.
1) The Crown at Wells has Christmas lunch and dinner party menus available. The lunch menu is available for two (£14.95 per person) or three courses (£17.95pp) while the full dinner menu costs £24.95pp.
The Crown at Wells, Market Place, Wells, Somerset BA5 2RP. Tel: 01749 673457.
FREE WHEATGERM WITH EVERY POND HEATER www.blagdon-water-gardens.c...View details
Protect your pond fish this winter. Purchase the resun 100w pond heater £39.99 from www.blagdon-water-gardens.co.uk and we will give you a pot of Tetra wheatgerm 1l winter fishfood worth £4.99 FREE
Contact: 01934 316673
Valid until: Friday, February 28 2014
2) Haselbury Mill near Crewkerne has a festive lunchtime menu on offer throughout December from midday to 3pm. The Christmas party menu is also available in the afternoon if pre-booked. Two courses cost £17 each, and three courses £23. The venue also has a number of popular party nights in December at £28.95 per person.
Haselbury Mill, Haselbury Plucknett, near Crewkerne, Somerset TA18 7NY. Tel: 01460 77095.
3) The Lord Poulett Arms at Hinton St George has a three-course Christmas menu costing £24.95 per person.
Lord Poulett Arms, Hinton St George, Somerset TA17 8SE. Tel: 01460 73149.
4) The Moody Goose at Midsomer Norton has a two-course evening Christmas menu for £36.50, and a three-course menu for £44.50. It also has a lunchtime menu available Tuesday to Thursday, costing £26.50 for two courses and £32.50 for three courses.
The Moody Goose, The Old Priory Hotel, Church Square, Midsomer Norton, Somerset BA3 2HX. Tel: 01761 416784.
5) The Culbone in Minehead has an award-winning Christmas menu on offer, costing £23.95 for two courses and £29.95 for three courses. The restaurant won the Taste of the West’s ‘Best Christmas Menu’ award in the autumn.
The Culbone, Porlock, Minehead, Somerset TA24 8JW. Tel: 01643 862259.
6) The Ilchester Arms Hotel has a three-course evening menu available for £23.50 per person. A Christmas Lunch Fayre menu is also available in the day for £15.50 per person.
Ilchester Arms Hotel, The Square, near Yeovil, Somerset BA22 8LN. Tel: 01935 840220.
7) The Thatched Cottage Inn at Shepton Mallet has a Christmas party menu available for two (£17.95 per person) or three courses (£21.95). For an additional £1 you can add a cheese board.
Thatched Cottage Inn, 63-67 Charlton Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 5QF. Tel: 01749 342058.
8) The Lion at Pennard has a Christmas menu available for two courses (costing £17.50 per person) or three courses (£19.50). A non-refundable deposit of £5 per person is required when booking.
The Lion at Pennard, Glastonbury Road, West Pennard, Somerset BA6 8NH. Tel: 01458 832941.
9) The Bull Inn at Hardway near Bruton has a Christmas menu to cater for everything from family lunches to private or office parties.
The Bull Inn, Hardway, Bruton, Somerset BA10 0LN. Tel: 01749 812200.
10) Langport Arms Hotel has frozen its pre-Christmas menu prices for the third successive winter. Served in the carvery restaurant for lunch or dinner, a two-course option with coffee is available for £15 each, and a three-course plus coffee option for £20.
Langport Arms Hotel, Cheapside, Langport, Somerset TA10 9PD. Tel: 01458 250530.