Car's electrical fault sparks fire that spreads to house
Four vehicles from Blagdon, Cheddar, and Winscombe fire stations were in Cheddar at 6.45am on Sunday when a fire spread from a car to the front of a house on Round Oak Grove.
A garden shed was also on fire.
An electrical fault started the fire in the vehicle, setting off the car alarm and waking the owner. This allowed enough time to evacuate the house and move a second vehicle before the firemen arrived.
The fuel tank ruptured, spreading the flames to the shed and front of the property. It took three hoses to put it all out.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013