Bonfire spreads to Yeovil home
A BONFIRE spread to the ground floor of a house in Yeovil yesterday.
Firefighters found smoke and flames coming over the fence of the property on Ashmead, off Labernum Way, when they arrived at around 5pm.
Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire. They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove smoke.
Two appliances from Yeovil Fire Station attended the scene with a fire officer.
A spokeswoman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "Upon further inspection, crews found that a refuse fire had spread to the ground floor of a three bedroom semi-detached property."